This is the first line of any dental plan. We offer thorough oral hygiene & dietary advice to ensure that we can stop further problems with teeth & gums, thereby reducing your overall cost.
New patient private exam £45
From £5/month for all children between 5 & 18
Our practice in Ripponden holds the NHS Contract. Please call our friendly reception team on 01422 824 875 to find out whether we are taking on NHS Patients.
As an NHS patient, there are three bands of charges for all NHS dental treatments.
The current dental charges are:
Band 1 dental treatment: £20.60
Depending on what’s necessary, this can cover:
- a clinical examination, assessment and report
- an orthodontic assessment and report
- advice, diagnosing and planning of your treatment
- moulds of your teeth – for example, to see how your teeth bite together
- taking coloured photographs
- advice on preventing future problems, such as diet advice and cleaning instructions
- applying sealants or fluoride preparations to the surfaces of your teeth
- a scale and polish
- marginal correction of fillings
- taking a sample of cells or tissue from your mouth to examine (pathological examination)
- adjusting false teeth (dentures) or orthodontic appliances, such as braces
- treating sensitive cementum (the tissue that covers the root of a tooth)
Urgent treatment when you need to see a dentist immediately also costs £18.80.
Band 2 dental treatment: £56.30
Depending on what’s necessary, this can cover everything listed in band 1 above, plus:
- non-surgical treatment of periodontitis (a severe form of gum disease) – such as root planing (cleaning bacteria from the roots of your teeth) or deep scaling and a polish
- surgical treatment of periodontitis – such as removing some gum tissue (gingivectomy)
- free gingival grafts – when healthy tissue from the roof of your mouth is attached to your teeth where the root is exposed
- sealant restorations – when sealant is used to fill a small hole and seal any grooves in your teeth
- root canal treatment (endodontics)
- pulpotomy – removing dental pulp (the soft tissue at the centre of a tooth)
- apicectomy – removing the tip of the root of a tooth
- transplanting teeth
- removing teeth (extraction)
- oral surgery – such as removing a cyst
- soft tissue surgery to the mouth or lips
- frenectomy, frenoplasty or frenotomy – surgery to the folds of tissue that connect your tongue, lips and cheeks to your jaw bone
- relining and rebasing dentures
- adding to your dentures – such as adding a clasp or a tooth
- splinting loose teeth – for example, after an accident or due to periodontitis; this doesn’t include laboratory-made splints
- bite-raising appliances (similar to a mouth guard) – for example, to correct your jaw alignment; this doesn’t include laboratory-made appliances
Band 3 dental treatment: £244.30
Depending on what’s necessary, this can cover everything listed in bands 1 and 2 above, plus:
- veneers and palatal veneers – new surfaces for the front or back of a tooth
- inlays, pinlays and onlays – used to restore damaged teeth
- crowns – a type of cap that completely covers your real tooth
- bridges – a fixed replacement for a missing tooth or teeth
- orthodontic treatment and appliances such as braces
- other custom-made appliances, not including sports guards
Treatments such as veneers and braces are only available on the NHS if there’s a clinical need for them (not for cosmetic reasons).
Free DENTAL Consultation
We offer free dental consultations with our treatment co-ordinators, for those who would like to discuss any dental treatments that are required / even if they simply want to chat to the dentist……no question is silly or irrelevant we want to empower you with all the information.
At Shine Dental we feel that you shouldn’t have to pay for the privilege of meeting the dentist. You are also welcome to take a tour of the dental practice & see where your dental treatment will be performed to familiarise yourself beforehand.
If you like what you see and being a member of our dental practice is something of interest, all you need to do is book yourself back in for treatment to commence.
ALL INCLUSIVE 13 Point Dental Health Examination
We are also offering an ALL INCLUSIVE 13 point dental health examination for only £45.00 – included in this are any x-rays that need to be taken, a full dental health check, a thorough oral cancer screening and a bespoke treatment plan!
At Shine Dental we are honest about our charges and will always discuss various dental treatment options to suit your budget.
Terms & conditions apply. Phone/e-mail us for details.